18.7.08

The Last (non-camp) Day

So, we finished our last official day at school today. The day was, for me, fanfareless. The last official day of school for the semester isn't until tomorrow, but as I don't work Saturdays, my stint here ends with no bang. Tomorrow, all of the teachers at my school will be going on a field trip, rafting and having a bbq. But, as I don't work on Saturdays, I wasn't invited.... So today was my last day to see 90% of the people who I've seen on daily for the last year. However, only a couple seemed to care.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as the more Native Speaker English Teachers they get, the less they can bother about any one. Yet, it seems like maybe there could have been an announcement or some sort of goodbye. Nevertheless, we still do have 2 weeks of summer camp to do, so we're not out of the woods yet. And my friend, Mr. Gu, an older social studies teacher (who specifically asked me why I wasn't coming to the rafting and bbq tomorrow) invited Katie and I to go with him to the countryside before we leave. He was the only person who seemed to care, or realize, that I won't be back next semester.

--Richy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:o(
Is it of any consolation that you are terribly missed here?
xo