We got a call from our Peace Corps recruiter last week that the DC office had requested us to move forward on university teaching positions in China. He told us to talk about it, research it, and get back to him in a few days. We talked it over at length, did some research on positions there and possibilities for placement and despite changing our minds every few hours, decided to go for it.
Next we do the medical checks and the background screenings, and if all goes well we'll be set for departure for our 27 month term of service in June 2010. I'm really looking forward to totally immersing myself and learning Mandarin to complete my goal of being fluent in a foreign language by the time I'm 30.
And some of you better start saving up to come visit us in China!
2 comments:
I'm number 1!!!!
yay!!!!!
I think, maybe, just possibly, you're our #1 fan.
Post a Comment